If you turn to 30, please spend some of your precious time reading these lessons you learn when you are 23. Some of these might not be true anymore as time flies and you grow up bit by bit. However, some might be still applied and reminded you what you like, who you love and which should be reserved.
Here we go, shall we?
1. Eat what you like. No, don’t lie to me. I know you like eating so just eat. It’s Ok to be chubby and you are more beautiful, skinnier than you think.
2. Don’t say “I love you” to your mother. DO it! Ride her to the city tour in the morning after you prepare breakfast for her. Make her smile everyday. It’s your life’s goal.
3. Remind and plan healthy meals for your family (when I say “family”, I mean the nest with your parents, brother, sister-in-law, nieces and your bunch of uncles, aunts and relatives), especially you mother. Even though she got through the cancer treatment, you must not give her any food containing sugar and beef. Are you clear? Except for some special occasions in a year, you can let her eat some sugar and beef because enjoying life is better than living empty.
4. If you got married, then good luck to your husband.
5. Learn Swedish or/and Japanese. It’s time to learn something new and you are always fond of Swedish and Japanese.
6. Travel more. You deserve it. Take your mother with you. She also deserves it.
7. Love your 3 crazy friends. They stick with you since you were 15. They will never leave you unlike others on your life path.
8. Try to spend sometime learning dancing. It’s time to stop watching dancing videos and start doing it!
9. By the way, congratulations! You got the MBA degree.
10. Don’t try to raise your niece because it’s your brother and his wife’s job. They are the parents, not you.
11. Read more. It’s never enough in reading.
12. Don’t drink alcohol. Don’t go to bars, clubs … too often. Understand that you’re a wild animal in parties but your stomach says different things.
13. Help the others when they need.
14. Be a respectable person. When I mean “respectable”, I do mean “keep watching cartoons”. The chasing of Tom and Jerry is better than James Bond and his big titties lovers.
15. Don’t focus too much on your career. As long as the wage is high and you’re happy, that’s totally fine.
16. Remember of your grandparents. They passed away but always show up at their death’s ceremony. Remembering people is a way to keep them alive.
17. Oops, almost forgot. You should know how to swim before 30. Better safe than sorry. If your husband tries to get rid of you by pushing you off the water, show him that you’re stronger than he thinks you are.
18. Keep creating, writing and caring.
19. Be grateful for the life you have lived. Just to let you know, I always prepare for the death. If something bad happens and you cannot live longer than 30, just focus on what you need to do with your family and your closest friends. They deserve the last minutes of you.
20. It might be a good time to write a letter like this to your 40-me. That’s Ok, I don’t want to put so many pressures on you, so if you can’t make all of these come true, then pass some to our 40-me. Well, never too late to do anything. In the case that I live more than that.
P/S: I’ve started my blog http://kimsimpleblog.blogspot.fi/ I’m now kinda busy for my thesis and some projects but I will try to write whenever I’m available. Visit me and we will have good time together, will ya?